Hi y’all! I know what you’re thinking: man this chick has been away for a while. Yeah, I knoooow. I just got moved in and settled in Oregon!
So I’m back. Thank god. I have felt disgusting not eating 80/90% healthy and working out. So here it goes: I wanted some soulful feeling food that was good for my body! I’m a little homesick because I didn’t get to eat any southern food before I left Virginia. So I decided to make a healthier version of it.
I decided to go with garlic mashed cauliflower. I was a little lazy and decided to go with the Trader Joe’s brand. But boy did it taste like the kind you get at a family barbecue. You know with the bits of bacon, still pieces of potato, garlic kind? I wish. Here was my spin on it. It was only 20 calories for a cup. Amazeballs!
Garlic mashed cauliflower
- Cook for 5/6 minutes at medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of water
- I added garlic, pepper, and red chili flakes
So I totally love anything stuffed food wise. And one of my favorite recipes is chicken stuffed with cheese. I picked up some pepper jack/Monterey mixed cheese with some basil and chicken.
Usually if I wasn’t eating healthy, I would deep bread it (maybe even beer batter it).
- Cut chicken (whatever size you want) in a half but not making a cut all the way through
- Stuff with desired cheese and garlic
- Sprinkle some pepper
- I added some butter for some more flavor
- Cook for 45 minutes at 450 degrees
Until next time~ K