Pasta is one of my favorite and easiest cooking experiments to use. You can use so many different meats, veggies, sauces, etc and 90% of the time it still tastes AWESOME.
I have cut down a lot on the carbs that I do eat just because my body reacts differently then others bodies do on heavy carbs. I get really sluggish and blah is the best word for it.
Like I’ve mentioned before, I LOVE FitFoodieFinds and everything I find on there. I always add my favorite flavors and twists to everything.
- 2 cup gluten free pasta
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cup kale, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 4 slices of meatless bacon
- 2 Italian tofu “sausages”
- Splash of organic tomato sauce
- Parmesan for topping
- Cook pasta per directions on your specific pasta. Once cooked put to the side
- Prepare bacon/sausage at same time (I did mine in a skillet). Once finished also put to the side.
- Prepare all the vegetables
- Add oil, onion and garlic to skillet. Sautee them for about 3 minutes until the garlic starts to bubble.
- Add all the vegetables and sautee for an additional 7-8 minutes
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, whatever spices you want
- Cook for 5 minutes while mixing
- Add pasta, sausage, bacon, and tomato sauce and cook for 2 minutes
- Add Parmesan cheese to the top and serve
This dish was surprisingly super light and tasty! I have been dying to try some tofu and I am so happy I did. It tasted like the real deal. I spiced this recipe up a bit and it was super yummy.