Happy Saturday. I’ve felt like it was Sunday ALL day. I’m enjoying relaxing with my pups and watching friends. I’m also trying to book my trip to Eugene Oregon (yippe??).
So the newest trend on all those tasty videos is using cauliflower as a substitute for grain/chips/bread/etc. I’ve tried the cauliflower fried rice and I loved it. So when I came across FitFoodieFinds cauliflower nachos I had to try it!
Fun fact about me: I loooooove fish tacos. That is my go to meal!
I followed this recipe, but also added my favorite taco fillings as I was trying to use up what I had!
- 1 head cauliflower separated into 4 (then sliced like chips)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 bag of frozen shrimp
- 1 can of green chili
- Special sauce ( 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 tsp red hotsauce)
- Cheddar cheese (I use fat free)
- Your favorite seasoning, like cumin of cinnamon or taco seasoning.
- Slice cauliflower and spread out on baking pan, drizzle olive oil (I prefer coconut oil)
- Cook for 20-25 minutes at 375
- Flip cauliflower and add shrimp, corn, beans, chili, and cheese (or whatever else you want!!)
- Cook for additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted
Enjoy it. It’s super tasty and you can’t even tell it’s cauliflower.
I also got to enjoy and nice cup of coffee. I used to LOVE like 10% coffee and 90% cream. Thin mint cream to be exact. Now I found almond milk creamer and I love it. I put enough to change the color a little but not crazy! And it’s only 20 calories per serving!
You can seriously get this anywhere even at Walmart!
Have a good Saturday and even better Sunday.
~Until next time~