Have That Dang Donut

Happy Monday y’all!
To start the week off I’m going to talk about something near and dear to my heart. 
CHEAT MEALS AND SNACKS. 
The healthier I eat, the less I want a cheat meal and more of a cheat snack. And even at that: minimal. 

One thing I can’t kick is chocolate. I have to have chocolate. 

I’ve given up a lot of things that I love like coffee, beer, wine, ice cream, fries, and all the good stuff. 

But that’s the thing. Why do we restrict ourselves? 

I think we go about it the wrong way. We shouldn’t have to restrict ourselves. Restricting ourselves is how we have eating disorders, self-image issues, and so on. 

I think that you should have a cheat meal if you want. If you want that donut, have it. 

In order to make progress on our health journey, cheat days are essential. They remind us of how far we’ve come, and how far we have to go. It reduces cravings, regulates appetite, and offers a reward. 
I follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of my calories for the week are healthy calories, the other 20% can be a cheat if I so wish. So if I want that beer, I’ll have that beer. 
I think as we are in this journey, we need to stop with the “I can’t” mindset. Instead of saying I can’t have this donut, it should be “I don’t like the way this donut makes me feel”. Instead of “this donut won’t help me lose weight” it should be “this donut makes it hard to do my workout”. And if you want that donut, you should remember it is okay to have it! 

Remember, if you fall off the wagon it is okay. You’ve gotten on the wagon before! 

I have some of my favorite snacks/foods that make it feel like you’re cheating but not that I would love to share with y’all! 


Cinnamon apple and peanut butter taco

Spicy black bean veggie burgers
Sweet potato chips 

Here’s a recipe for a fully loaded smoothie bowl to start your Monday right:


Base: frozen mango, plain Greek yougurt

Toppings: banana, cacao oats, coconut shavings, crazins, almond butter, and sunflower kernels 

Yummmmm! Enjoy!


Happy Monday ~ until next time

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s